Sapelle brings a breath of fresh air and a touch of the exotic to women’s wardrobes, offering everyday style that fuses modern silhouettes with the individuality of African print and design, and artisanal craftsmanship.
In short, we’re all about modern everyday style inspired by Africa. Imagine this:
- Power suits complemented by exotic print tops.
- Tribal print pencil skirts dressed up for work or down for the weekend.
- Dresses that transition seemlessly from day to evening, combining exciting African textiles with contemporary Western styles.
- Bold authentic statement jewellery in exciting shapes and colours.
- Home decor and gift items that have a rich history and an interesting story behind them.
This is what we offer at Sapelle.
Our customers range from women who simply love the vibrant and unique colour palettes to women seeking a stylish reflection of their cultural heritage.
‘Well-made’ is also a key part of our vocabulary. That’s well-made in the production values as well as in the principles that govern our existence: responsible sourcing, fair trade, fair employment, and fair pricing.
- Sapelle was founded by Daphne Kasambala in January 2012.
- The online store Sapelle.com launched in Summer 2012 with a handful of ethical brands that were excited to reach a wider audience.
- In April 2013 we had our first London Pop-up store in Victoria, followed by Pop-ups in Dalston, Clerkenwell, Monmouth St., Covent Garden and Elephant & Castle.
- May 2015 saw the launch of our USA e-commerce site sapelleusa.com to serve our American and Canadian customers.
- June 2015 saw the opening of our London store at 281 Portobello Road, W10 5TZ.
- Our products are made in the following countries: Congo, France, Gabon, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, UK
- Our customers come from many backgrounds and many countries around the world, from Australia to Zambia, Qatar to Japan, Brazil to Finland and USA to Guadalupe.